Monday, October 5, 2015

Seven Sisters Scones opens in Johns Creek!

Many months ago, we came upon a scone booth at a local farmers market.  There was a sign out front that listed two gluten-free flavors of scones.  Knowing that a friend (with celiac) had tried these scones and had no issues, I decided to taste, and then buy, a white chocolate raspberry scone.  I must say that it was one of the best scones (of any kind) I've ever had!    

Seven Sisters Scones sells product at many Atlanta are farmers markets on Saturdays, as well as one in Chattanooga, TN.  They usually have a couple of gluten-free options to choose from.

My favorite items are the above mentioned (sweet) flavor and the savory cheddar, bacon and chive.  The latter is like a really upgraded version of the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster.  Simply put, they are AMAZING!  I've served the "sconies" (mini scones available for pre-ordering) to glutenoids many times and they always rave about them as much as gluten-free guests do. These scones freeze exceptionally well and have no flavor or texture change upon defrosting.      
It is with great excitement that I can finally announce that Seven Sisters Scones has opened a store front bakery in Johns Creek!  Details are on the company's website.    


*Please note this bakery is not a gluten-free facility.  As always, do what works for you personally, regarding gluten-free foods.  

Gluten-free in a pandemic? No problem!

Not to make light of the current situation the world finds itself in, but I'm so thankful that I learned to self isolate when I was diag...